Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Diabeetus is Winning

Disclaimer: I love this baby. I'm delighted about the pregnancy. I would happily sacrifice plenty more to ensure we have a happy, healthy boy at the end of all of it. But I also like to complain. Just so's you know. 


Every day, I'm confronted with temptations. This "gestational diabetes" thing is hard sometimes. Even when I call it "the diabeetus" to make myself laugh about it. I find myself going to find a snack and then remembering that every snack I'm used to eating is pretty much off limits. Yogurt? Nope. Too much sugar in normal yogurt. Granola bar? Carbs out the wazoo. Peanut butter and banana with honey? Again, the honey and banana means too much sugar.

So here, in no particular order, are 20 things I am looking forward to eating in about 9 weeks:

1. Ice Cream - I don't even care what flavor.
2. Pasta in a creamy sauce, like alfredo
3. Chocolate cake
4. Peanut butter and banana WITH honey, a piece of white bread and a glass of milk
5. Reese's Pieces
6. A sandwich. ANY sandwich.
7. Oatmeal loaded with fresh and dried fruit
8. A bowl of Dolce de Leche Cheerios
9. A beer
10. A glass of white wine (preferrably served on a patio somewhere)
11. French fries
12. Orange juice
13. Coffee loaded with cream and sugar
14. Fried chicken
15. A hot dog WITH a bun
16. A chocolate shake from Braum's
17. A large non-fat latte
18. A giant muffin with sugar crystals on top
19. Stir fry with white rice
20. Peach Cobbler

Only a few more weeks. I can do it....

-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment