Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Things I don't want to forget: Week One

I'm told how quickly it all leaves you, so I want to write down some things that I've loved about the very first week with Guy.

- The way his little body curls into mine when he's nursing, which signals that either a burp or other bodily functions are forthcoming. It's especially funny when it leads to a giant burp while he's still firmly latched and sucking. I feel like its the best compliment he can give me right now.
- How excited he gets when he's about to be fed. Fists go flailing, often hitting him in the face, and followed by the confusion of tiny knuckles for a nipple. His head bobs back and forth and he just can't seem to contain his excitement.
- The milk coma face. (See photo) And the way his little body flops around after a feeding and he's in total relaxation mode.
- Seeing him laying all tiny and sweet on a pillow in Greg's lap while he programs at his computer. I love how Greg bonds with him.
- My first (but definitely not last) encounter with a fountain of pee at a diaper change. It was impressive and very confusing at 4:00 am.
- His bubble squeak. When he has a gas bubble, he makes a tiny squeak that sounds like a little mouse. It is both cute and disconcerting.
- Beginning the tradition of reading before bed. Our first book was l Love You Forever. We both cried. But I'm pretty sure he was just hungry.

- Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment