Friday, October 12, 2012

Working Mother

It is less than two weeks until I return to work. D-Day is October 24.

Thinking about it makes me nervous, but I'm also starting to feel ready. So for your reading pleasure, here are the pros and cons of me returning to work:

Cons:

  • Less time with Guy.
  • Possibility missing big milestones (first word, first steps, etc).
  • The laundry will again be relegated to weekends only. Right now I can do it piecemeal, throughout the week. I have a feeling it's going to be a lot harder. 
  • Less time to stay caught up on all my favorite shows, or start Felicity, which I just discovered is on Netflix. 
  • I have to look presentable EVERY. DAY.


Pros:

  • Two words: Lunch. Break. (I can't tell you how many times my lunch has been whatever I can grab with one hand and shove into my mouth in between feeding, changing, playing with and soothing a baby.)
  • I can visit a liquor store during the day, while on my break, kid-free.
  • I will get guaranteed adult interaction.
  • There will be the wonderful anticipation of picking him up each day, and the big smiles I'll get when he sees me. 
  • There will be fewer clothes changes throughout the day, since I won't be cleaning spit-up, poop or pee off me every few hours.
It's going to be hard going back to work, I don't doubt it, but I'm looking forward to it, too. I'm ready to start figuring out how to handle a child and a full-time job at the same time. (I mean, HOW do you make dinner every night? I see a lot of frozen dinners in our future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment